Saturday, September 27, 2008

Recommended Reading

Reasonably enough, many people are preoccupied with the current financial crisis. Even more so since it is both vitally important and very, very difficult to understand.

I have previously linked (see outside links, at left) to some financial and investing sites, and, given the interest in these topics I have added a few more. These have provided me with valuable insights into what is going on, and I recommend them to your attention.

I have already linked to RealClearMarkets, a compendium of the best in financial journalism, and to Brett Steenbarger's Trader Feed, a site that looks at trading strategies through a psychological perspective. I have written several posts about TraderFeed.

I am also adding Corey Rosenbloom's excellent blog, Afraid-to-Trade, which provides a wealth of information the functioning of markets along with valuable trading advice.

Among the professional columnists I find John Dizard at the Financial times to be consistently brilliant.He has an exceptionally good feel for the workings of the markets.

Among the better known sites I have linked to MSN Moneycentral for two writer I have found to be consistently illuminating. Jim Jubak writes Jubak's Journal twice a week. At times he offers stock picks; at times he provides an analysis of the current economic situation. Also, MSN Moneycentral contains weekly commentaries by William Fleckenstein, called Contrarian Chronicles. Fleckenstein has a distinct approach to the markets and the financial system that is well worth your attention.

Finally, I added one site that is mostly for subscribers, but that has some material available to the public. It would be difficult to find a more qualified analyst of the current financial crisis than James Grant. His newsletter, Grant's Interest Rate Observer, is holy writ for many of those who are most active in the financial markets. It is always informative and valuable. I am happy to recommend it to your intention, if you do not know about it yet.

No comments: