The headlines tell the story. The Daily Mail chronicles Sweden’s descent into turmoil. They need no commentary.
Yesterday we read:
Swedish police reveal they have dealt with 5,000 incidents involving migrants since October - and say the problem is increasing
- Officers have been called out to nearly 600 assaults in last three months
- Two bomb threats and 450 fights also linked to migrants or asylum seekers
- Police chief warned an ever-increasing number of officers was needed
And this, also from yesterday:
EXCLUSIVE -The city destroyed by migration: Inside the Swedish town where armed gangs patrol the streets, crime has exploded and a beautiful social worker's murder has shocked Europe
- Social worker Alexandra Mezher, 22, was murdered in Mölndal on Monday
- Gothenburg suburb last year took in more unaccompanied refugee children than anywhere else in the country – 4,041 added to a population of 63,000
- Received £22.6million to provide housing for unaccompanied minors – the most state funding per capita than any town or city in Sweden
- Crime figures reveal there were 222 criminal complaints linked to migrant centres – between 20 October 2015 and 8 January this year
- MailOnline went inside lawless town where eyes of Europe have been watching since the senseless stabbing
A few days earlier the Daily Mail reported on the situation in Stockholm’s central train station:
Swedish police warn Stockholm's main train station is now overrun by migrant teen gangs 'stealing and groping girls'
- Hundreds of Moroccan children living on the streets in Stockholm
- Accused of stealing and assaulting security guards at the main station
- Police say they grope girls and 'slap them in the face when they protest'
- One in five Moroccan migrant children run away from housing since 2012
And, this morning we read this:
Hundreds-strong' mob of masked men rampage through Stockholm station beating up refugee children in revenge attack for female asylum centre worker killed by Somali 'boy'
- Black-clad masked men targeted refugees at Stockholm train station
- The mob, linked to football hooligans, targeted unaccompanied minors
- Before attack they handed out racist leaflets with message 'Enough now'
- They also refer to alleged murder of Swedish aid worker Alexandra Mezher
- She was stabbed to death breaking up fight between two migrant boys