Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Huma Abedin: Call Your Girlfriend

Everyone knows that Hillary Clinton and Huma Abedin are joined at the hip. The presidential candidate and a daughter of the Muslim Brotherhood are together all the time.

One notes with chagrin that when Republicans suggested that Abedin had ties to the Muslim Brotherhood—which she most assuredly does—Sen. John McCain rose up to defend her. No wonder people are fed up with the Republican establishment.

Recently, Abedin did a podcast for: Call Your Girlfriend. In it, she told of the first time she met Hillary. The Daily Mail described the event without any commentary. That means that enquiring minds will see immediately what was going on:

Huma Abedin spoke about meeting Hillary Clinton for the first time in a new interview, where she also revealed her fears over the State Department's release of the Democratic front-runner's emails from her time as Secretary of State.  

'You know these things that happen in your life that just stick? She walked by and she shook my hand and our eyes connected and I just remember having this moment where I thought; "Wow, this is amazing,"' said Abedin.

'And it just inspired me. You know, I still remember the look on her face. And it’s funny, and she would probably be so annoyed that I say this, but I remember thinking; "Oh my God, she’s so beautiful and she’s so little!"'

I suspect that she is not the only woman who has gazed on Hillary Clinton and declared: Oh my God, she’s so beautiful….

And I do not need to tell you what kinds of relationships are characterized by blind idealization.

If you would like an example, read Huma’s description of Clinton:

I think that if my boss quit tomorrow, she will go down as one of the greatest American women in the history of the world.

Obviously we are not in the realm of rational thought and objective appraisal. Reading this may cause you to sigh or it may provoke unmentionable emotions, but still….

4 comments:

Katielee4211 said...

Tingles up her leg?

Sam L. said...

Up-gechucking!

Anonymous said...

Give Huma credit for staying true to the love of her youth. Hill may have grown bloated and wrinkled and doddering but Huma remains faithful.

Ignatius Acton Chesterton OCD said...

You'll remember John McCain also said Rev. Jeremiah Wright was off limits in the 2008 campaign. I'll never understand why. Wright have Obama his marching orders and style. Obama is his protege. But McVain, always eager to be loved by the press, passed over this opportunity. Now he believes Huma is off limits. Weird.

Speaking of "call your girlfriend," there are other types of calls Hillary isn't prepared to take... like the 3:00 AM calls when things aren't good. How do we know? Benghazi.