Monday, February 28, 2011

The Last Word on Obamacare

From Dennis Gartman, stock market commentator and forecaster, proprietor of the Gartman Letter, a few words on Obamacare:

"Let's get this straight. We're going to be 'gifted' with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, which purportedly covers at least ten million more people without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?"

5 comments:

Susan said...

Stuart---don't know if you'll see this comment, as it has been a few days since you posted this article, but my cousin recently sent me a "Maxine" cartoon with EXACTLY the same text! Of course, as you can imagine, this is the perfect tirade for Maxine!!!! I wonder where it originated.

Susan

Stuart Schneiderman said...

Thanks, Susan... I found the comment in a market report... it attributed the quote to Dennis Gartman... but now I'm puzzled, since I don't know when Gartman posted it, or whether he was quoting the Maxine cartoon...

Susan said...

I couldn't access the Gartman report w/out a subscription. But judging from the overall tone, rhythm and maybe especially the ending of the passage ("What could possibly go wrong?), I would bet on it originating with "Maxine," unless David Gartman is a humorist. At any rate , it's a terrific summary of things and I gather it's being circulated widely!

Stuart Schneiderman said...

I didn't see the original as Gartman presented it; I saw it quoted on another site.

Therefore, I am inclined to accept that the true author is "Maxine." With apologies to "her" for not offering the correct attribution.

Jaclyn said...

Goodness, there is so much useful information above!