Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Chuck Hagel: Pusillanimous Crank


The only thing that is more pathetic than watching Chuck Hagel eat his words is watching Chuck Schumer drop to his knees to support  the most anti-Semitic cabinet nominee in recent American history.

This morning Bret Stephens wrote this about the next to last revelation of Hagel’s visceral dislike and distrust of the Jewish state:

Chuck Hagel says he can't remember if he called the U.S. State Department "an adjunct of the Israeli foreign minister's office" in the Q&A following a March 2007 speech at Rutgers University, but that he repudiates the words all the same. Which makes him a crank who lacks even the courage of his convictions.

Just what we need in the Pentagon: a pusillanimous crank.

I propose a new Hagelian logic for those Democrats who are caught making statements that would get a Republican crucified.

1: I never said it.

2: If I said it, I didn’t mean it.

3. If I meant it, I didn’t know what I was saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shameless. What a perfect Obama cabinet pick.

Please remember this episode the next time Chuck Schumer become exasperated or sanctimonious (or both) about some innocuous Republican move. You won't have to wait long.

Tip

Sam L. said...

What Tip said, and said well.