Saturday, February 2, 2013

Email of the Week


Today Gawker offers up the Email of the Week. Coming from a self-identified therapist, it appears to be a response to a shooting that took place in an office building in Phoenix.

Here's the verbatim, unedited text of the email:

I have been a therapist for 45 years and know human. For anyone stupid enough to go into a crowded place is my first question. You have children who make decisions about their children. I pray that this kind of behaviour is going to stop. My heart acks for the parents. Mistakes are for learning but what a lesson for the world. I have been in show business and understand what goes on. MONEY is the greed of the game. For a few more pennies this could all not happened. SORRY SORRY SORRY.

Obviously, this therapist is not doing his profession’s reputation very much good.

In fairness, it’s difficult to see how therapy could have cured what ails him.

3 comments:

JP said...

I had to read that paragraph a number of times in order to fully understand that it was completely incoherent.

Stuart Schneiderman said...

So did I... it is so incoherent that we would rather not think that it is as bad as it is.

Anonymous said...

I bet he has an advanced degree. Maybe it's a PhD in clinical psychology, or maybe it's one of those PhDs supported by a dissertation on "The Modern Impact of Medieval East Anglian Grammar." I'm sure it's a real page-turner. Either way, I wouldn't want to be a patient.

Tip