Sunday, August 7, 2016

Why Did Hillary Call Donald Her Husband?

Why did Hillary Clinton refer to Donald Trump as her husband?

As you might have guessed the Freudian world is abuzz with speculation. After all, it was a world class Freudian slip.

For my part I have chosen to ignore the speculation.

That does not mean that I have no ideas about the mental process at work here.

If you, like Hillary Clinton,  have spent the better part of your adult life having a husband who is a husband in name only, “what difference at this point does it make,” who you call your husband.

Calling one man your husband when he is not your husband is roughly equivalent to calling another man your husband when he is not your husband.

I hope that that clears it all up.

3 comments:

Sam L. said...

At this point, what difference does it make?

Ares Olympus said...

I see the video is here, and unlike Obama visiting 57 states, she corrects herself immediately, mid-word, saying "my husb- my opponent."
http://nypost.com/2016/08/05/clinton-mistakenly-refers-to-trump-as-her-husband/

I'll speculate that campaigning is long work, and Hillary could use more sleep.

Trigger Warning said...

"More sleep", methinks, is too mild a prescription for a woman so feeble she can't climb porch stairs unaided. :-D