Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Who Should Wash the Dishes

Evidently, Donald Trump is not good for feminism. When asked yesterday about why he had fired the inspector general of the State Department for investigating whether Secretary Pompeo had used department personnel to walk his dog and to wash the dishes, Trump replied:


"Look, he's a high quality person, Mike. He's a very high quality, he's a very brilliant guy," Trump told reporters at the White House after he was asked whether he was concerned that Pompeo might have requested the watchdog's ouster to halt the investigations.


"And now I have you telling me about dog walking, washing dishes and, you know what, I'd rather have him on the phone with some world leader than have him wash dishes because maybe his wife isn't there or his kids aren't there, you know," Trump said.


Here's some more food for thought.

The President accused Democrats and the media of being interested in who was walking the dog of "a man supposed to be negotiating war and peace with major, major countries, with weaponry like the world has never seen before," asserting that Pompeo may have made the requests while talking to North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un or Chinese President Xi Jinping.

"Maybe he's busy, and maybe he's negotiating with Kim Jong Un, OK, about nuclear weapons. So that he'd say, 'Please, could you walk my dog? Do you mind walking my dog? I'm talking to Kim Jong Un,' " Trump said. "Or, 'I'm talking to President Xi about paying us for some of the damage they've caused to the world and to us, please walk my dog.' To who, a Secret Service person or somebody, right?"

Trump added, "I don't know, I think this country has a long way to go, they -- the priorities are really screwed up when I read this."

In truth, as CNN manages to point out, Pompeo would not normally be talking with world leaders. He would be talking with his counterparts in other countries.

1 comment:

Sam L. said...

Dems...Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee not too stupid to live, but danged close! (Dems: See LEFTIES.)