Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Does Stanley Fish Heart Sarah Palin?

It is a fact, sadly worth nothing, that the most rational minds can easily be tempted to demonize those with whom they disagree.

Case in recent point: the reaction to the autobiography of Sarah Palin. My post on Palin-hatred here.

Now, however, I no longer feel like the lone voice among the cognoscenti who is trying to say something rational about Sarah Palin. Today I found myself joined by no less than Stanley Fish, New York Times blogger, distinguished professor of literature, a man who is neither a neocon nor a troglodyte. In a new post Fish offers a review of the Palin autobiography that bristles with serious thought. Link here.

I have not read the book, but I will say that Fish's commentary rings true.

(In the past I have blogged about Stanley Fish, both pro and con. My comments linked here and here.)

(And here is an added link... to Ann Althouse's commentary on Fish on Palin.)

No comments: